Friday, April 24, 2009

Punjab da pind

Why do we run for an urban lifestyle?
I realized this on my visit to Punjab last weekend. This 4 days trip was most refreshing trip of my life. A) because it happened at a much needed time B) it was unlike other trips of my life.

It happened to be a frens marriage in Mohali. went to attend that and we 3 frens planned to stay there. One has relatives in a pind called Maajra in Hoshiarpur. the stay started with a bath at tubewell, locally called Tullu Pump. the village has so many stories associated with it. shooting of so may blockbusters has happened. e.g. namaste london, veerzaara, singh is king, heroes and many more. place has 4 dams. ultimate piece of engineering and architecture. da place so nice n peaceful that I always wondered during my stay that what metro life has given us.

I wish I can be there after every few months for a long stay. that greenery is so soothing and peace giving. didnt even think of picking the news paper and switching on the TV, though had DishTV there. I always wondered how village life would be, this experience was amazing and one for the lifetime. waiting for my next visit to such a place.

Punjabiyaan di shaan vakhri :-)

2 comments:

Vibgyor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vibgyor said...

Thanks for sharing your experience.I look forward to read more on your blog:) enjoy blogging !